Friday, September 10, 2010

Late Season Slump

Well, it's terrible out there. I just came in for some coffee to get a little boost to harvest and just plain warm up. I hope this monsoon slump we've been in will finally turn around!

I always find this a pretty tough time of year to carry on. There are only three more weeks of the CSA after this week and we're realistically about a week from a first frost. Lots of stuff still needs to be harvested, but, having been at it for quite a while, I'm down right tired. I don't think I could pull it off without the caffeine. Still, I'm always a bit sad when that first frost comes.

In the box:
Celery
Cantaloupe
Buttercup winter squash
Yellow onion/red onion
Garlic
Juliet tomatoes
A mix of peppers
Cucumbers
Green zebra tomatoes: these are ripe now....don't wait for them to change color just because they are green.